50 Argumentative Topics for Your Essay
Argumentative essay is one more type of college paper that students might be assigned as part of their homework or even in-class activity. From time to time, your tutors may ask to write an argumentative essay on random topics without their computers. It is done to check the handwriting. Also, argumentative papers exist to check student’s English and ability to think critically. Another reason is to see how well students can argue on different views. This way, the knowledge of any subject can be evaluated. So, be ready to:
- Watch after your grammar and spelling
- Mind your punctuation
- Format the essay properly
- Defend your point of view
- Use credible sources to support your ideas
Such assignments as argumentative essays are first given in the high school. This type of assignment is often composed in college. For instance, young students are asked to define whether a certain piece of literature is good or bad. Out of all topics, they may be asked to determine if the existing political movements are worth trying and provide evidence on each point of view. In other words, it is recommended to choose rather contradictive topics when writing an argumentative essay. The reader should be impressed by the way you defend your ideas. The argumentative paper has to contain both analysis and fair criticism of various topics. Make sure each time you want to say something against one’s claim, you need solid arguments. Otherwise, your paper won’t persuade your teacher. The lack of good support sources will result in a lower grade.
Students should be able to compare or evaluate different topics. As you grow, argumentative essay assignment becomes more complicated.
In contrast to school, students should apply more writings styles to format the argumentative essay:
There are a lot of argumentative topics to come up with in the age of political debates, economical movements, and technological progress. Picking the topics is one of the most responsible stages (unless your teacher assigns his own subject to cover). Deciding on your topics is not that easy.
While those who try to obtain their business administration degrees (BBA or MBA) must evaluate and analyze the efficiency of some marketing or HRM tools to discover the most effective approaches, potential nurses and healthcare experts have to check and discuss the efficiency and effects of treatment.
Brilliant Argumentative Essay Ideas
There are too many topics to consider for a good argumentative essay. The list is that big student would hardly pick only one topic. However, it is important to focus only on one argumentative subject instead of involving several ideas and make readers confused.
Let’s take a look at the list of argumentative and critical thinking essay topics for students from different areas of expertise:
- The politics of British government
- The educational system in China
- My favorite music
- Is homeschooling effective?
- Burton’s “Ed Wood”: Was Depp the best choice?
- Shakespeare: Was he real?
- Critical factors of quickly modifying consumer behavior
- Should alcohol usage be restricted legally?
- Should cigarettes be sold?
- Is US electionprocess fair?
- Is torture or rape ever acceptable?
- Should sexual maniacs be sentenced to death?
- Can male employees get paternity leave from work?
- Is any lottery fair?
- What should be changed about current taxation system?
- Do curfews really keep adolescents out of trouble?
- Is cheating out of control?
- Are modern young people too dependent on computers?
- Should animals be used for testing?
- Does age matter in relationships?
- What age is appropriate for dating?
- Do gay couples have a right to marry?
- Should public schools add creationism to their programs?
- Are violent video games that dangerous?
- Are Project Managers and CEOs paid too much?
- Does participation in sports keep teens out of trouble?
- Is competition the best way to prove your competence?
- Do religious movements cause war?
- Should it be the duty of the government to provide premium health care?
- Can girls ask boys out first?
- Is particular fashion important today?
- Are girls too mean?
- Is after-class homework harmful or useful?
- Can students evaluate and critique their teachers?
- Is the cost of university too high?
- Is college admission getting too sharp?
- What are the advantages of attending asingle-sex school?
- Will boredom lead to trouble one day?
- Do human beings cause global climate change?
- Is the death penalty effective?
- Are cell phones too harmful?
- Are spy applications for mobile phones an invasion of privacy?
- Are test scores the most accurate indication of individual competency?
- Is our society a throw-away?
- Are children changing for better?
- Should nation market to children?
- Should metal music be banned due to the violent lyrics?
- How can children be effectively punished?
- Should the government have a say in our nutrition?
- Do low prices on condoms preventteen pregnancy?
These and many other argumentative topics suit analytical essays as well. It is important to recognize that all three types of essays are interrelated, so you may use these topics whenever your teacher leaves a right to decide on your own.
The main goals of a good college argumentative paper on any topic are:
- To prove writer’s awareness of the given topics;
- To ensure the teacher in the student’s ability to think critically and evaluate things;
- To present the way writer assesses different argumentative topics;
- To persuade that the student can conduct in-depth research on the variety of topics;
- To show how well the writer chooses and uses related literature;
- To discuss a particular object or phenomenon from new aspects;
- Argue with other existing views.
For any student, of course, the purpose of the argumentative paper is to obtain the highest possible grade. That is the goal of entire education. Even if the student’s topics and ideas sound subjective and unfair, it should be accepted if the information is based on persuasive evidence retrieved from the credible sources. In case the procedure of evaluation of topics is done correctly, the final idea should not appear as opinionated. Try to sound unbiased when protecting your point of view. The following elements will support your argumentative research:
- clear criteria
- expert feedback
- supportive arguments
Sometimes you might need some professional help with argumentative essay topics from online writing agencies. Don’t lose your head trying to master every writing style, academic discipline, and research method trying. Sit down and assume each advantage proposed by the best companies discovered thanks to the help of your Google. It was proved that students could count on professional argumentative essay writing assistance with all topics without any risk to your grades and educational image!