Homework shouldn't turn into torture. Learn to make the schedule for performance of tasks, correctly organize educational process, find out, whether the help is necessary to you, and studying process will become much easier. Don't postpone - begin right now!
- Make a list. It is possible to use the usual diary and to write down all tasks only there - so it will be simpler to find the necessary records. Some students like daily logs or calendars more. Using it is more convenient to you, and you store tasks in one place. Often students write down homework in a workbook at the top of the page or do a mark by a pencil in the textbook. If you have such habit, then it is still necessary to copy all tasks in the diary so that you won’t forget to do them. Write down as much information as possible on each of tasks. It is useful to mark pages of the textbook where there are tasks, and teacher’s instructions. It will help you to plan educational process more effectively.
- Make sure you understand each task. It is important to read attentively a task to find out, whether you have enough material in order that to do it. If your task id the equations on mathematics, at first take a look and find the most difficult one; If you need to read a text, think how much time you will need and think, whether you will be able to answer questions after the text. Don't postpone homework until the moment when you come back home. Look through the task when it is just given to you and you will have an opportunity to ask questions before you will leave.
- Check whether you have everything before start working. If you start looking for a ruler or a protractor during studying, you will distract, and it will be more difficult to return to study after half-hour searches. If you plan everything, you will know what you need, and you will be able to prepare all necessary stuff in advance. When you start doing your home task try not to get up until the planned break comes. If you want to drink coffee, make it before you begin.
- Concentrate on one task. Complete all tasks in one subject till the end and only then you go on to the nest one. Such approach will help you to finish one task and to forget about it, and then to start working on the following. Doing tasks one by one will allow you to keep concentration. Keep in mind all tasks, but do only one at a time. Perhaps, you need the help of the close friend or family member. If the task is very difficult and you need to spend too much time, you can temporarily switch to something else. Just don't forget to return to it later. Finish your breaks on time. Don't allow breaks to become longer and longer. Return to work after rest might be difficult therefore you should set the time and to work as diligent as possible. The first 15 minutes after a break will be the most effective because your consciousness will be vigorous and ready to work.
- Create a treat for yourself for finishing the task. For example, promise yourself to watch favorite series or to play video game. It has to be something that you don’t do during breaks so that it will stimulate you to work harder and quicker. If it is difficult to you to concentrate, ask someone - brother or sister or the friend to help you. Give him or her phone for the period of your homework-doing to avoid temptation to look through social networks, or the panel from the TV that you won’t have a desire to watch it. Then take these things back and reward yourself for the performed tasks.
- Talk to your teacher about difficult tasks. The teacher knows everything about homework because he also chooses it. If you can’t cope with some difficulties in spite of the fact that you work hard, you shouldn't be up against a blank wall. If you don't understand something, ask the teacher for help. The request for the help doesn't mean that you are silly and you know nothing. Every teacher will attentively listen to the person who seriously treats homework and asks for suggestions. Don’t be afraid to ask for help, especially if you skipped last class. Asking for the help and complaining about all the difficulties are not the same things. If you spend only 10 minutes for homework and do less than a half because it seems so unbearable, and then ask for help, you won't impress your teacher. If something seems too difficult, ask for the help in advance.
When studying in college abroad students get to meet different people that they would not have met without the experience of international education. College life offers huge advantages including internships of all kinds, career fairs, challenging competitions held within the communications major, astonishing media events, inspiring scholarships and even more! With these opportunities, if used wisely, it is going to be quite easy to get yourself a name that will be well known and recognizable at least around your own campus. Networking is rather essential when it comes to getting a job connected with future careers in the sphere of communications due to the fact that such things as network and trust go quite a bit in this specific field. There is this thing that will keep you above others in the field of communications and it is to visit different courses and seminars that explain in detail of how to use for your own advantage these huge social media platforms, such as LinkedIn and Twitter.
Students that study communications often get additional benefits when studying in college all due to unique training possibilities that they obtain. These opportunities allow freshmen to train in state-of-the-art new press rooms, news stations and different advertising agencies, let alone open a whole new opportunities against you. A truly remarkable experience that international students studying for communication are exposed to often assists them in understanding their career path more precisely and develop much needed skills that will be priceless after graduation. When you start attending newspapers, radio stations or television channels as a trainee journalist, you start developing and exercising your professional skills along with building an extremely crucial portfolio or resume that can give your career a running start in the future! It is very important to develop yourself as a professional while being busy with earning a degree. Many international students that study advertising or public relations try inventing their own advertising campaigns or go ahead and promote some organization that wants to give a chance to a young generation of professionals in order to hire them in the future. These are just few simple examples of ways of developing and perfecting your professional skills while being a communication student in college.
Another extremely important benefit of college (apart from actually getting the degree that you are after) the one that almost all undergraduates do not wish to think about and it is the rejection that any international student will have to come against. It is a widely known fact that rejection lays in the bottom of momentary discouragement, hereby making international students that study communications being able to see the very rejection of a news article, campaign strategy or even an angle of a camera as a positive outcome while studying in college. That being said, because of the fact that the entire discipline of communications is also responsible for negative answers to diverse projects and ideas, international students that have gained huge experience of dealing with rejections while attending college possess much better chance of staying afloat in those cases when future communications careers chooses nothing more, but to reject them. These rejections might be very useful for international student that aims high, because they give to a student a feel of confidence along with persistence and these are qualities that someone that wants to go into this field, not being experienced enough, might very well lack.