Before we learn how to write a reflection paper, let us discuss how to write a reflective essay format. In such an essay, you should express your own thoughts and mind about some certain ideas, things, facts, events. It may be called a self-reflection essay. One should have some good writing and critical thinking skills.
Tips on How to Write a Reflection Paper
- The writer should apply some descriptive manner to your writing. Just describe your ideas. Write down your thoughts clearly. Your readers should understand the main flow.
- Remember that your essay has some narrative style. It is an academic paper. So, you should keep it formal as it is possible.
- The structure of your essay should be really classical. Consider writing an introduction, main body paragraphs, conclusion. This is the best way to start if you need to learn how to write a reflection paper.
- The writer should not forget that it is required to use not just your personal experience. Get some facts and other general materials.
- The writer should not be so very personal. Yes, the fact about the reflective essay is your personal experience. It is not the friend letter, it is an academic paper.
- How to write a reflective essay? It is all about personal experience. But the experience should be specific and fit the topic. The writer should not try to push your entire experience into one essay. Just get the right and most important moment fitting your topic.
- The author should not try to write the whole essay at once. To get everything done correct you have your mind map. Just follow it and your main direction.
- Your essay should not be a free-flowing analysis. All the thought should be very structured and clear. The same thing is about author’s ideas and facts. The order should be very logical.
How to Write a Reflection Paper on a Book
If one wants to learn how to write a reflection paper on a book, he needs to start with few main factors perfectly fitting this very type of academic writing. No matter what is the purpose of your article, there should be some certain features that identify it as a reflection. This is the main thing you should realize if you are learning how to write a reflection paper. Regarding your essay on a book, here are the main things to achieve:
- Everything on purpose
It is not about writing just simple thoughts about the book you have read. It is not your article about the plot. It should have clear reflective format and form in every little aspect. The academic purpose should be present. The goal of this essay should be about learning and exploring something to your reader.
Even if you are writing not about your particular experience, your work should have a personal approach. This is the main tip on how to write a reflective essay of any type. You need to express your position regarding some particular thing, a book in this situation.
The writer is not supposed to retell the story you read. It is just not enough. You need to deal with critical thinking and show that you were reading and analyzing the book. You need to extract the main thoughts of the author and create an article based on his ideas and goals he was trying to reach.
No one canceled any quality standards. Please be sure to meet all the requirements. Be clear and correct due to the fact you read about. Do not forget to reread your essay and edit it if needed.
How to Write a Reflection Paper on an Interview
No matter if you are trying to learn how to write a reflection paper on an interview, book or event. The rules on how to use the structure are always the same and requirements should be met. Your introduction paragraph should give some hints for your reader about the conclusion. You should remember that reflective essay is for your personal opinion and own experience.
If one wants to learn how to write a reflection paper and what expression he can use, please note that it is allowed to use “I” for your writing. You should use some quotations in your introduction and along the whole essay. The writer can talk about something went wrong for you, not only right things. The author can mention something that improved his experience.
Here are some tips for the structure:
- Write the Introduction
It is all about author’s personal feelings. Do not consider it as typical writing about your feelings and thoughts. It is an academic task, and your writing should fit. You should create your Introduction and provide it with the thesis statement. Describe what a reader can expect from your writing piece.
- Create the Body
In this section, you should explore your thesis and open it entirely. You have three main paragraphs for it. The writer can divide the interview you are writing about on three main parts. You can even quote some parts of the interview for better expression of your own ideas and thoughts. This method will give you an opportunity to be clearer in your main goal and feelings. Your experience didn’t come from anywhere, and you can show the exact source in your article.
This is like another type of introduction. Your Conclusion should be striking and solid giving the ultimate tone to the entire paper. In paper’s Body, an author was supporting your thesis and here you should draw a bottom line. Now you don’t need to attract attention. Now you need to leave a certain image and experience.
Writing a reflection paper requires from you a skill that allows you to express your thoughts well and clear. If one needs to learn how to write a reflective paper, he should consider practicing as much as he can. This will be the best way to improve skills and get the proper direction to express your feelings.