A research paper is a complex of academic or scientific examples based on some experiment; it is much more difficult than regular high school essay. It is simpler than a term paper or dissertation. It is crucial for getting a degree in college or university. Anyway, students are not always ready to face this challenge; they start searching for ordering the entire solution online. Page-by-page, your research writing can be completed by the professional writers in the shortest terms.
You won't be able to rely on such assistance all the time; that is why you have to learn how to write every page of the paper on your own. Luckily, this assignment is not that huge. It takes around 3-5 pages. Except for the study material, students have to involve the data they found in the primary and secondary sources. It is crucial to select the most relevant and credible information before writing this document.
In this detailed guide, we are going to provide you with the leading research paper guidelines that will help you to create marvelous paper to impress your audience. Or you can order one from our thesis and research paper writing services. Keep reading our instructions carefully to learn how you can avoid your writing troubles!
How to Write a Research Paper Successfully?
The knowledge of how to write a research paper is quite essential not just for students but for the young professionals and experienced scientists. The goal is to observe a particular issue relevant to your community in order. This will help to find answers and provide forecasts for the future. If the author covers a problem which was not recently discussed, it may be difficult to prove the significance of the research question.
As the years pass by, young people realize that conducting research is a crucial process in their careers. All professions require this skill. It is critical to memorize the structure and main ideas of the paper by heart, so read how to perfect your research capabilities.
What are the Main Sections of a Research Paper?
There is a common structure of the research essay: it should be written in APA or Chicago/Turabian formats. Generally, writing a paper requires certain components that should be an integral part of the work, and these are:
- Cover page;
- Title page – this page is containing the subject of work, the researcher`s data and date of writing;
- Content – is placed on the second page, includes the list of headings for all the chapters with the page numbers indication;
- Introduction – here you can point out the reasons why you have started to write your paper and represent thesis as well;
- Body paragraphs (experiment description and methods) – reveals the essence of work;
- Findings (a.k.a. Results)
- Conclusion – imply the interpretation of results received during the research and the brief review of the whole work;
- Bibliography/reference list – means the listing of referenced literature and other information sources;
- Appendix (if any attachments were present).
How to Choose a Good Title and Search for Reliable Sources?
Before you begin the draft, go to any site which cannot be edited by online users; keep in mind Wikipedia and Quora are not considered good academic sources. You need to conduct a study even before you develop the beginning of your paper. A title has to be selected wisely after you decide on the topic, which depends on your subject, for example, literarure, sociology, management, arts, or a history research.
Going back to the process of choosing resources, it is critical to keep in mind that any credible material has all rights reserved. When there is copyright, you need permission to cite the source before printing out every page of your final version. Being a student, you might not receive such approval. You need to reference the sources you use correctly in your text to avoid problems.
There are many sites where you can find excellent paper topics if your teacher does not assign a specific subject. On the internet, you can see the best literature resources as well. When choosing the topic and relevant information, have a look at the date. It is recommended to use the most up-to-date sources: please do not select sources that are older than five years. The data provided by them may be outdated. Unreliable sources may contain false information. We can write a separate page on how to select sources correctly, but this article has a focus on the general rules of writing a research paper.
You have come up with the title page and the main idea so far. You have defined your target audience. For example, if your study is dedicated to the changes in application processes and grading criteria, your target audience may consist of the college or university tutors/admission officers. You have collected the necessary information using credible sources: books, textbooks, academic journals, newspapers, etc. now, you need to develop an outline and the pages of your paper draft. Do not forget that you can count on our services. We are ready to pick a good title for your paper and make an outline.
How to Write a Thesis Statement for a Research Paper
Thesis statement (or called merely thesis) is the essence of your research paper. In general, it is a brief fact or theory. By the research paper, you must answer a question: is a thesis statement truth and can be proved or not? Well, here you can find an answer why a research paper differs from an essay: you support your thesis statement with conduction of one or several experiments. A thesis statement is not significant. It may narrow into just one sentence. The main trick is to squeeze every idea and theory that concerns your topic into a thesis. Let us remind you about the main purposes of a thesis statement:
- Thesis reflects the actual and relevant problem in the science world that makes you write your paper.
- A strong thesis statement is a basis of the paper. Every part of it will concern a thesis.
- A thesis statement is the heart of the introduction and conclusion parts. In the first one an author represents a thesis, and in the conclusion part he/she provides support or disproves a thesis statement.
- A thesis statement introduces the paper to readers, letting them comprehend it, focus, and orientate in the text.
If you need to know how to write a proper thesis statement, you can always count on our support.
What are the Types and Objectives of the Research Paper?
There are two types of this paper usual for the educational institutions: analytical and argumentative, and students have to realize the difference between them. After this, they can start drafting their best work. The structure of these two papers might be the same, but the purpose and the content will be different. It might be easy to understand that the analytical type of research paper is about observing and analyzing the issue while an argumentative essay's purpose is to debate by adding valuable arguments. It's not that simple when it comes to the process of writing every page.
Both types of this task have the same mission; and in the case of students, the primary goal is to improve their knowledge of the studied subject. If we talk about professionals and scientists, the mission is to explore specific research question which matters for the community. The rest of the goals include the next points.
- Gaining technical skills
- Improving research skills
- Enriching English language vocabulary
- Strengthening writing skills
- Expanding the number of topics to cover
- Improving time management and organization through setting deadlines
- Stimulating learning process
- Motivating diligence
- Developing Patience
These points prove the critical role of research paper assignment for students and scientists.
How to Format Your Research Paper Properly?
The writing style is applied to the general research paper outline and references. The required format includes the title in the bottom, headings on every page in the upper corner, Times New Roman 12 pt., double-spaced, 1-inch margins from all sides, and black color of the font. Each page should be numbered. Place all headings and title in the center and follow the rest of the guidelines by downloading free MLA/APA guide online. It is a great idea to place a good research paper page example in front of you to get everything done correctly.
Research Paper OutlineResearch papers usually have standard structure and a list of parts they should include. But, you should always follow you papers instructions or guidelines because your professor might have a different vision of it. Check the classical research paper structure
- Executive summary
- Literarure review
Research Paper Writing Steps
There is an explicit algorithm for research paper writing. If you know the main steps from the idea to research writing to be made, this could be of much research paper help for you.
- The first step is to define the subject of your work. It might be setting the problem, technology of solution, description the model of particular process or visualization for application of technical solutions, etc. Nobody is interested in reading or investigating the problem that is not reflected or applied in modern life. Therefore, the topic has to be actual, new and exciting for you, so choose your topic by answering the questions for yourself: Is the subject unique? Is my opinion and point of view new in the scientific world? Learn how to accumulate your research abilities and individual mind resources.
- Analyze the existing literature on your topic. On this stage, it is essential to select the available results of similar researches and take out the redundant information. Use special academic database. It enables you to ask for precise information you need. Be creative, try to find excellent books that perfectly fit your topic.
- Look online: check websites and online forums on your subject, but do not forget that information is not always realistic, compare it with different search results.
- Generalize the collected materials and make a plan for your paper. The well-built and clear strategy is the key to successful work. It will assist you in building the prevailing logic of research, finding the arguments and evidence for your idea and will bind all the research parts together.
- Produce a strong thesis for your research paper. Support it with argument system. Devote at least one sentence per paragraph for an argument. Do not forget to look up for an argument in works you’ve cited to write a research paper.
- Do not underestimate bibliography. It includes all the resources you've used cited or not. Sometimes an annotated bibliography is needed. It differs from a simple one with the explanation of all literature and web resources used, how they refer to your research paper. It is not obligatory, but sometimes the best works contain it. If you do not have time to look for the resources, ask our web services to help you.
Research Paper Writing Tips
Follow these simple but useful tips to make a great research paper:
- It would be good to determine the scope of the strong research paper, i.e., to fix the minimum and the maximum number of pages to be written. When you feel that you are beyond the stated scope, it is better to narrow the subject and reveal the rest in another research work.
- While writing the research paper, keep in mind that your work will be read not just by scientists involved in the subject but by usual people. Use simple words and do not deny to use a simple sentence. Apply exact wording. Otherwise, the reader will be lost in too long and complicated text.
- Dividing the text into paragraphs is essential for its best perception. The section has to contain just one finished though. Using this simple principle will assist you in formulating the idea and simplify the reading of your research paper.
- Remember that a research paper does not imply a clear statement of well-known facts. Thus, add your ideas, thoughts, results, and conclusions to your work, and compare with already existing ones to reveal and explain the seeming contradictions.
How to Proofread the Finished Research Paper?
Revising, editing and proofreading are requested whenever the draft is completed; follow the next practical steps included in this process that are listed below.
- Major, sweeping, changes to the different pages of your research paper
- An assessment of word choice in the text
- Finding any English grammar, spelling, and punctuation mistakes
- The removal paragraphs and even entire pages (follow the word limit)
- Rethinking the whole paper
- Analysis of the consistency of tone and writing style
- Evaluation of the strong logical flow of ideas between paragraphs and pages
If you wish your professor to be entirely pleased with every page of your project, send your final paper for further editing to the professional academic writers online. Our qualified writing service is ready to help you! Besides a research paper, you can order essays, thesis, reports, and other academic papers from our services. We are ready to provide you with editing, proofreading and writing services. We can create a separate part of your research paper, a thesis, bibliography, or a methods section. Write the support team of our services or make a direct order. We can create various types of research papers without wasting your time!