In college, the way student perceives things change. Teachers add new types of homework papers, and the primary question to ask is how to write a research essay. This type of academic writing develops more skills than a regular school paper. Students invest more time and efforts creating a single study. The article highlights some of the possible topics, explains how to write research essay, and gives tips on making college life easier.
This guide will stand you good stead. People face the need to study various problems in-depth all the time, and knowing how to write a research paper will be a bonus. Our writing service offers papers of exceptional quality on the topic your teacher assigns.
How to Write a Research Essay Thesis: The Main Paper’s Element
Why is it important to learn how to write a research essay thesis? A thesis of any paper is the basis.
“My research paper will prove Humanistic personality theory is a perfect fundament for inspiring employees to work harder.”
One more idea to include in the paper’s thesis is a comparison of the technologically advanced country like Japan with the society that lacks innovations and does not need them.
A writer should not worry about the exact language in the thesis. It is possible to modify it throughout the process. In any case, a thesis statement should sound convincing and interesting: make the potential reader understand the significance of the discussed problem!
- Interpret the topic of study to the target audience
- Explain what the readers may expect from the research
- Give a reply to the main question you were asked
- Introduce the paper’s claim to let some people want to argue
A thesis statement should answer the primary question of the paper. It is the main thing to remember!
How to Write an Introduction for a Research Essay and Move to Methods?
Learning how to write an introduction for a research essay is the initial stage: an opening paragraph of the paper writer predetermines further development and success of the paper. It is not critical to make it attention-grabbing or selling. Unlike a regular school paper, the main purpose of the research paper is to educate the audience. A writer may involve a hook, but it is not necessary.
What matters is introducing the topic/problem and providing background. A paper writer should do his/her best to ensure the reader of the topic’s importance by drawing a parallel between real-life implications and the study. Explain why humanity may benefit from studying the offered problem. It is important to provide the setting and scene in the introductory paragraph of a study and give hints to finding a solution.
The next section to work on is methodology. It should include the following:
- Context/Setting of the research
- Study design
- Population sample (people who took part in the study)
- Approach to sampling
- Study variables
- Data collection tools & equipment
- Outline analysis technique
This part is the most technical and boring. Without it, a professor will not understand the way student obtained specific data. The main idea is to prove a writer conducted research alone. Such type of work is not about copy-pasting the findings and conclusions of other scientists – a writer must offer personal approaches to investigating the problem. The more instruments he/she applies, the higher chances are a useful result will be obtained. Go on exploring how to write a research paper. Look at the way the Results part should look.
If you learn how to write a good research essay, you should know Results is not the closing section. The discussion will follow. The primary goal of Results is to report on data collection. Other three goals of this section include:
- Population (ethnicity, gender, condition, etc.)
- Main outcomes regarding the observed problem
- Secondary results like sub-category analysis
The Discussion section exists for summing up the findings/results and interpreting their meaning.
How to Write an Outline for a Research Essay?
Why is it important to learn how to write an outline for a research paper? An outline is an action plan; a writer risks getting lost in the middle of the process without having such plan. In this type of academic paper, an outline is Table of Contents. A writer should highlight each separate section of the paper and give it a name and briefly explain what each part should contain:
- The title/cover page
Here are the basic tips & tricks on how to write a research essay:
- Choose relevant, up-to-date problem to analyze. The title should not sound general. Example: a writer needs to write a paper about the US history – narrow it down to the role of Theodore Roosevelt in the World War I. It will narrow down the search results and speed up the process.
- Layout and outline will help to survive: without having a map in the woods, a tourist risks failing to get out of there. The same principle works with the academic paper writing – follow the outline template above by filling each field with the specific titles related to your topic.
- Mind the sources! It is critical to choose credible, relevant, and up-to-date sources that are maximum 3-5 years old. It is a new requirement of educational institutions. Teachers believe things change quickly, and that is why one has to check the latest news on the topic before making conclusions or introducing personal study. Websites like Wikipedia r other open-source platforms will not be counted as any online user can fix them. The information there is not trustworthy. It is better to choose books, newspapers, academic journals, and scholarly articles to be the primary sources. Online encyclopedias like Britannica will do.
- Involve proper topic sentences in each new body paragraph: mind that the main argument (topic sentence) should relate to the research problem. Prove the arguments with the help of in-text citations. Format every citation (the words of other writers) according to the chosen writing style, and provide a full list of references in the end.
- Proofreading & editing is a must! Do not hurry to submit the research paper once you are done with the final draft - it is important to start ahead to revise the paper. Without postponing the task to the last moment, a student will guarantee some time left for the proofreading and editing to avoid silly mistakes like typos.
Research Paper Example or Custom Solution Online?
The last question is how to write a research paper example. Grab free online examples of different academic papers from the professional writers. Do you need something more? Leave a detailed description of the homework paper and let these guys do the rest of the job!